Saturday 27 September 2014

Oh Dear, It Has Been a While...

Sorry bout that... I have been busy? Not busy as in the self-important busy but more like the busy as in school and new schedules in in the fore-front of everyone's mind. It always is if you have a child with autism.

Here are some Thing 1-isms...

Thing 1 says to me tonight, "Momma I don't need to count anymore, I can see it is 20." As he counted 10 pigs in a row parallel with 10 more pigs.

Thing 1 says to me last month, "Momma you need two more teaspoons because you already put two in and you need four." As I came back from answering the phone mid-scoops.

Thing 1 says to me last week, "Momma I need you to go to the store and get puzzles with more pieces please. I need 200 puzzles." I think to myself, shit, I can't even do 200 piece puzzles.

Thing 1 says to me last week, "Momma, I need more blocks." I ask why. He responds with, "Well I need enough blocks for three numbers in a row." I ask, "You mean in the hundreds?" He responds, "Of course!"

Thing 1 says to me, "Momma what is your number?" I respond with, "My number, what do you mean?" He responds frustrated, "Momma what is your number, your number in birthday parties!" I say, "Oh, you want to know my age!" Tilts his head with a get it together look on his face, "Yeah, what is your number?" "I am 36." He then asks, "What is daddy's number?" I respond with, "Daddy's age is 40" He responds with, "Forty cakes! That is a lot of cake momma!"

Thing 1 says to me as we are driving, "Momma how many more lefts and rights do we have to go?" After a minute of figuring it out I say, "We are going 4 lefts and two rights." He then said, "Momma why are we driving in a square?" I then say to him, "You are right buddy, how about you tell me when we get there how many rights and lefts we take." I wasn't going to argue with him. lol

This kid understand numbers. I did not teach him place value, adding, and puzzle doing. He just understands it like a first language. Nutty and sadly not my forte. I think I will be recruiting his math genius father for this task.

Kindergarten, here we come!

Hugs & Shit

The Momma

                                                          This is exciting shit at my house!




No comments:

Post a Comment