Tuesday 23 December 2014

Ass-u-me

So what do you do now that you have this free time as a stay at home mom?

I get asked this a lot.

Here is my truthful answer...

What time? I wake up to a 2 and 5 year old wanting different breakfasts, jumping on my bed, help Things get dressed, face washed, teeth cleaned (if they are lucky) and play, entertain, marble race time, find missing marbles, oh shit I lost their marbles, dominoes set up, dominoes clean up, put on bandaids, break up wrestling matches gone too far, make lunch, put on a load of laundry, clean up the spill, find out why Thing 2 is crying, read 14 books, kick the soccer ball outside, wrap presents, step on Lego, make appointments, write cards, sneak a 15 minute nap in on the floor pretending to play cars, reassemble a broken toy, turn on a show, bake a thing for that shindig tomorrow, make smoothies, make popcorn, help with child's printing sheets from school, set up painting, clean up painting, set up bubbles, clean up bubbles, pull out frozen protein from freezer, go for a walk, go on a snail hunt, make observations in the forest, buys stamps, change some diapers, potty train, oh shit feed the cat, investigate why there is a random poo nugget on the floor, wash Thing 2's hands, wash floor, submit government funding paperwork, respond to 20 knock knock jokes, praise Thing 1 for hilarity, change bed sheets, scrub the crayon off the wall, clean fridge as something has died in there, tidy up toys, make dinner, read a few more stories, have a thumb war, Thing 1's autism worker has come over. Thing 1 not in the mood today. Help ABA worker transition Thing 1 to new activities, Thing 2 wants my undivided attention, put Thing 2 on the counter and engage him in what I am doing (still making dinner), put said dinner in oven on low heat, doorbell rings, my first tutoring student, Thing 2 screams as I have left his side, put on Thomas, scramble downstairs, The hubs is late, ABA worker leaving, tutoring kid, The hubs rolls in, fill in the Hubs in under 20 seconds, hear Things fighting upstairs, 1 hour tutoring session, next kid comes in, another hour tutoring session, after work is done go upstairs, help Things tidy toys, bath time, play referee to the Things in the bath tub, help put things to bed, go back downstairs to basement, remove cat 20 times from my keyboard, do a few hours of lesson plans, admin, research tools and resources, finalize some invoices and receipts, respond to some work emails, around midnight respond to personal emails, tend to family paperwork, watch a you tube vid or two, read an article about the health benefits of having sex every day with your partner, look at partner, and go to bed around 1 AM.Get up at 7:30 AM next day and repeat.

I love my life, I really do. But when you ask that question (So what do you do now that you have this free time as a stay at home mom?) with a tone of you-have-it-so-good-you-lucky-asshole-while-I-have-to-do-a-40-hour-soul-sucking-work-week" it takes too long to explain myself so I just respond with Yoga, I now go to Yoga, watch reruns of the Oprah show, drink hot Chai Tea lattes and do Pinterest projects. It's just easier that way.

The Moral of this Cautionary Tale: Never Assume. Ever.

HUGS!

The Momma

"Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy."   -Tina Fey

Cute: http://themindunleashed.org/2014/06/16-reasons-daily-sex.html

                                                                          Classic



No comments:

Post a Comment