Monday 16 February 2015

So that just happened...

Tess Munster - plus size model is signed to MLK modelling agency! Tess is not a "plus size" 10-16 but a slammin' sexy size 22. My size, I might add. Why is this exciting? It is the start of mainstream body size acceptance. Just as Camryn Manheim yelled out at the Emmy's in 1998, "This is for all the fat girls!" I am hoping this helps with my fatvocate work.

Now, I see the interweb trolls out for "Concerned for her health..." comments which make me crazy. As a plus size 22 woman I workout at least 6+ hours/week and have more brawn and stamina than most others. When I go to the gym I feel powerful, awesome and content. See there I go, feeling like I have to justify my weight and place in the world. Shit, I think we learned this stuff in kindergarten, people come in all shapes and sizes. Plus my weight or anyone elses' weight is no one's business but their own. How is anyone supposed to flourish under the constant pressure of only love your body when it is the "appropriate" size? If I don't love my body today then I never will. Case in point: I was once a size 22 in my early 20s. I lost a shit-load of weight in a complete asinine way. I gained it all back as I hated my body just as much at size 12 as I did at 22. Nothing changed except some clothes and numbers. Today, I am happy to say I love my body just the way I am. If I happen to lose, sure! If I happen to gain, sure! I am working on my mental demons and if weight loss is the byproduct then so be it. I know I sound like a broken record but I workout because I love my body, not because I hate it.

I am done with making excuses and apologizing for my place in the world because of my weight. My size is between me and my doctor; who is amazing by the way. My weight to me is now a non-issue; thank goodness for that. Now I can live and redirect my energies where they need and want to be. Now that is  effin' freedom!

Hugs & Shit

The Momma



                                                               Preach!







No comments:

Post a Comment