Sunday 15 March 2015

The Beefcake Show

Yesterday I went to a bodybuilding competition. I never thought in a million years I would ever go to one but my beautiful and amazing sister in law was competing and I was there with bells on to support her. It is not that I despise bodybuilding competitions or think anything of them in particular it was just I never had interest or knew anyone who was into it. Amazingly,  I had no apprehension to going. I was there to watch and see my beautiful sister in law check something off her bucket list and support her in her amazing transformation. (She kicked ass by the way.) She was radiant and so confident on stage. I admired her courage and drive to get what she wanted. It was a beautifully inspirational thing to see.

To me this is another indicator to show me how far I have come. The old me would have been horrified to be amongst the beefiest and fittest people in the lower mainland. I am not going to lie I had 10 seconds of feeling pretty shitty about myself and then as a sat on the steps waiting for the theatre doors to open;  I simply got over it. Yes, just like that. In those ten seconds I told myself this is how I ruin my own good time and I don't want to do that anymore. I also thought about how other people's opinions of me are none of my business. GOLD. Shitty thoughts gone. For the rest of the night it was completely a non-issue. I walked around like there was nothing different about me and not feeling out of place. I was completely comfortable in my own skin.

Shit, I have come a long way. It was a beautiful reminder to me from the universe to not judge, compare, or even allow negative thoughts to consume me. We all have our own stories and albatrosses to bear.

I gained so much insight and inspiration from my sister Robyn. She inspires me everyday and she is one of my personal heroes. Thank you Robyn for including me in your journey, it is such a gift.

                                               The sweetest beefcake Robyn you will ever meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment