Thursday 21 May 2015

Don't be Fooled by all of This Fat Magic!

To look at me you would probably never have guessed that...

**Warning! I am tooting my own horn here in the hopes of making a big fucking point**

I played field hockey from the age 13 up until one year ago. I played a shut out game as goalie in an international tournament against the Netherlands and USA. I won MVP in grade 12 on my high school team. My Jr. High team won the Fraser Valley Championships 3 years in a row.

I played badminton in grade 10. I won all my matches in the year, I was undefeated. I went to the provincials and got 8th place in ladies doubles and mixed doubles.

I played softball up until one year ago. I started when I was 8. I once got a triple play when I played short stop on a co-ed team. I played provincially as a pitcher for fastpitch and nationally on a co-ed slo-pitch team. I have won many MVP awards. I once threw 10 pitches and struck out 3 girls in a row. I once had a batting average of 700. My record for striking out batters in one game is 11. In one slo-pitch game I batted 2 home runs and a triple. I hit a grand-slam homerun in front of Brendan Morrison (Ex-Vancouver Canuck).

I used to compete in triathlons as a teenager.
I was a part of the weight lifting club in jr. high.
I used to throw discus, javelin, and shot put and do quite well at meets.
I used to wrestle in jr. high.
My record long shot in golf is 210 yards.
I went to the Fraser Valley Championships for Tennis.
I played water polo.
I was a lifeguard and competed at lifeguarding events.
I played rugby and played in several 7s tournaments.
I was banned from playing dodge ball in my all female PE class. I beaned too many girls in the head.

Now: I go to the gym three times a week. I do 30 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of weights and 20 minutes of circuit. BAM! Still fat and it is ok. I am ok. I have let go of any results. I have no fucking clue how much I weigh, which is so freeing. There are so many misconceptions out there about fat people like me. I am fit and fat, yes that does exist! In a nutshell... I love sports, I love to sweat and feel the burn. You would not know to look at me. Everyone has a story, listen and they may tell you.

HUGS & FIT

The Momma
Hydration is fun. 

                                                                Amazing...

                                                          










No comments:

Post a Comment