Saturday 30 May 2015

Thrift Shoppin' - Aquired Nothing but Haunted Memories

My pal Blennifer and I went to the local thrift shop last week and found amazing things that survived a satanic cult fire many moons ago. We thought we would share a few magical yet scary moments with you.

Thing 2 was not having any of it.


It all started when Blennifer belted out, "Hey look it is Anita Bryant!" I responded with a tentative "oh yeah?" Thinking should I know this singer? Will I sound stupid on my pop culture know-how if I do not know this person? It turns out Blennifer doesn't know Anita Bryant, she was just having a laugh. My question is; Who is this Anita Bryant lady? We came to the conclusion that she's a nice lady.


Then Harry Secombe came along with his mutton chops and smug look knowing in his mind that he did in fact rule the world.
Then I found this gem and thought to myself who were those lucky bastards to lead pop culture into the wonderful, wild, wacky, world of jazzercisin'?
Flipped the cover...Look no more.
Then I spotted this dingus and wondered who are Kenneth McKellar's People? And why did they do it?
Then I saw this in loud red size 72 font: "Still More!" and I thought you know Mitch there is always another record album to be had.
And here it was. I can face tomorrow is always a nice inspirational thing to say especially if you predict tomorrow will be particularly difficult.
Then this scared the shit out of me. Ever since the 80s masked dolls and masquerade shit has always haunted me in my dreams.
Along with evil polar bears ...
and 20 year old headless roosters of botulism-vegetable-marination
Then there was Brian the 30 foot tall brother of Jesus. (to scale)
10,000 Creepy Clowns 
Charlie Tait and his $3.99 trophy
This $6.99 nautical knick-knack

This $1.99 girl guide craft that guided us on our shopping horrors
 Which lead us to this...
Lastly, the beautiful hand-crafted lady for $19.99. I thought shit this must be a Royal Daulton or something for that price. I flipped it over to find carved in the  bottom, "Made by Susan" Susan must be a special lady.

Hugs & Shit

The Momma & Blennifer


AHHHHHHHH!














 




























































No comments:

Post a Comment