Monday 14 July 2014

A decision... and a good one at that!

                                                             Gawd we are cute.

I made a decision... I decided before going away on an couples only wino weekend with some dear friends that I will have a good time. Weird huh. I know. So what goes through the mind of a 200 lbs+ momma  anticipating 40+ weather? A million and five things:

Less clothes = less confident
Kelowna = a hot bed of hot bods
200+lbs = super sweat like a swimming pool in your pants
200+lbs = 2 plus size clothing options: 80 year old   grandma clothes or barely there
Beach = bathing suit and all my wibbly bits out
Sun = lots of sunscreen and irritability on high
40+ heat = chaffing
40+ heat = perpetual red in the face
Going with normal-sized friends = odd man out
Continental breakfast = eating in front of your friends and the public
Communal lunches and dinners = eating in front of your friends and the public
Walking around, being in the public eye = fear of public shaming and staring
Having a normal-size husband at my side = husband must have a fetish for fat chicks
Drunk people = saying stupid mean things
 And more...

But you know what I made a decision. I made up my mind that I am going to have a good time. All those horrible thoughts floated away as I turned them over.  I said, "Hey Universe, here are my depressive thoughts, take them, because I will not need them."

In a nutshell... I had an amazing time.


                                            Don't mess with me, I am feeling great.

1 comment: