Monday 7 July 2014

Bulstrode, Birthdays and Bears.

So today was awesome... it really was, I am bad a sarcasm.

Woke up to snoring hungover hubs. So hilarious. I always say, go for it, drink have a fun time but you better be able to deal with the morning. yaya he says. I show no mercy. I sick the Things on him and then head down stairs for my tutoring student. Yep, no sympathy. If it was any other Sunday, sure whatever, but today was Thing 1's 5th birthday party. Tutored awesome kid <insert tangent here> and back upstairs to mayhem. Thing 1 has poured himself a mega huge bowl of cereal, clearly had 3 bites and proclaimed he was done. Thing 2 had taken out all the DVDs and was walking around with cases and stacks of bare DVDs with nasty sticky fingerprints all over them. And the hubs, oh the hubs, sleeping on the couch with a mountain of clean laundry strewn all around him in some sort of cozy effed up bird's nest. Classic.

Tangent... Thing 1's bday is at an outdoor pool with a picnic to follow. Threat of rain imminent. 1.5  hours prior to start of party. Call the parks and rec they say yep still on. Message all the party goers. Party on! Change of Plans... go to pool if rains who cares, picnic gotta change it up. Message to party folks, Pool yes picnic at our place afterwards. done, I am the master. Now to start the cleaning!

I wake up the husband beast and he is really not feeling well. No time to waste... press forward!
Mega clean the main floor of the house. Thing 1 so excited about party and asking 2000 cute questions. Thing 2 sensing excitement and follows after the clean up like a tornado whipping up match box cars like a crazy son-of-a-bitch. Classic. Hubs manages coffee and shower. I manage... kids, proper breaky, pack swim stuff, neighbour kid comes for a ride, sweep, prep food, bday decor, clean and entertain the Things. Hubs post shower manages to vacuum the 2 area rugs, take the clean laundry upstairs and put the leaf in the table. Impressed. He does not complain. After all was said and done we had 15 minutes to kill and hubs went and died a little bit on the freshly vacuumed rug. Then, the best part of all, the Things went in for an unprovoked attack on the hubs. I sat back and giggled.

Pool party! The moment we stepped into the pool the rain came down. The moment we stepped out of the pool the rain stopped. A special shout out to Neighbour kid and friends who rhyme with Bleff, Blessica and they cute daughter Blevie for swimming in the rain, it was glorious!

Left the pool, went back to our place where a steady stream of awesome friends came to have cake, hotdogs, watermelon, chips and prezzies. nom nom nom. My house it way too small for that sort of entertaining. haha! It was awesome and fun and thank you y'all for coming Thing 1 had a really fun time!

Post party... Tutored another awesome kid and then upstairs to nap on the couch. I told the hubs to deal. He was a good sport.

Tangent - lovely friend messages me the night before party... I think I goofed up on Thing 1's present. I say what did you get him I am sure it will be fine. She wrote I got him a Thomas (the tank engine) Bullstrode and it says it is ages 18 months +. I thought it was a typo so I googled "Bulstrode" and no shitting you it came up with this on WikiThomas:  Bulstrode is a highly disagreeable barge. I was highly amused by this. I wrote back something to the effect of Thing 1 would love a bulstrode! And then for the rest of the night used the word "bulstrode" as a super offend-able insult because no one wants to be called a highly disagreeable barge, not me anyway. 

Moral of the story... Don't be a bulstrode because I will call you on your shit.
Thing 2 bail count: 6 that I saw
Thing 1 bananer count: zero, I really have to stop buying effin' bananers
Purse rock count: 8
Loving the friends and fam count: Infinity plus one, force field, no take backs
(yes bulstrode, I mean hubs you are included too)
PS- No bears here, I just needed a 3rd B word for my alliteration. 

Hugs and shit

The MOmma

                                                     Don't be this guy... effin' Bulstrode



No comments:

Post a Comment