Sunday 20 July 2014

It just does not sit well with me...

ok ok I know this is supposed to be sweet and all but a young daughter going out on a "date" with your father is kind of odd to me. Going on an outing, sure. Going on an adventure, sure. Going out for a special time with dad, sure. But a "date" this statement just weirds me out. Same goes for moms going out on a date with their special little sons. My brain can't deal. I apologize to those who do dates with their kids, no judgement, I just can't do it. My brain says dates are a food and/or people going out between two people of interest.

Another point to ponder... You know what creeps me out to no end? Fathers who guard their daughter's virginity like it is a prize. Weird. You know those father/daughter portraits that are done with the virginity promise ring and they look like they are at their prom. (google purity balls) CREEPY. You know what would be interesting to see? Moms guarding their son's virginity symbolized with a ring and a creepy portrait.

Things that creep me out:

Ghosts
Virginity commitment rings
Purity Balls
Sometimes the shit my kids say
Bugs that crawl into your ears and die
snakes
Back country hiking, sleeping in the tent, hearing strange sounds, only to discover it was a fucking marmot.
Run-down sheds with the windows blacked out
lung butter stuck in the mesh traps in your sink
etc...

HUgs and Shit

The Momma








1 comment:

  1. Totally agree!!
    The other one that freaks me is when a Mum throws a party when her daughter gets her first period!!

    ReplyDelete