Saturday 17 May 2014

My Ghostly Encounters - Part 1

So am I a believer in ghosts, spirits, poltergeists?... heck yeah.  I have had too many crazy eerie situations happen in my life not to believe. Are those Shrimp chips on the table in the karaoke palace? Heck yeah, best things to nosh on that taste like your licking a live salty tuna. Wait... is that an orb? YES! Geez took you long enough to notice. So here are a handful of my ghostly stories...
Picture credit: I have no idea...  Peeps in the picture... L-R Major cuddles, Megs, Stephonicia, Orb, GI Joseph, Deanners and me (pink arm)

SO I did a Tupperware party the other weekend and it was getting toward the end, people were bringing me orders I was answering questions etc... When all of a sudden I had this overwhelming feeling to look over my shoulder when I noticed a container came flying out of the already open cupboard. Not only did this thing fall quite unexpectedly it made some distance. It was like it was chucked. Only myself and one other person saw it. I looked at this person and with their wide eyes they just shook their head. I was going to say something when the kind woman told me don't the host will freak out.

Until very recently I worked in a haunted mansion tutoring kids. I loved that job. I only left as my own business was taking off and need more of my time. My very first day I went up tot he bathroom when I saw a black shadowy figure cross the opening in to the next hallway. I bee-lined downstairs and thankfully my boss came out and she quickly became my pee buddy. I felt kind of silly and freaked. One of my last shifts at the awesome haunted tutoring centre I was tutoring in the basement with a fun kid. Near the end of the session he says to me, "Why did you say it that way?" To which I said, "In what way?" He replied, "You were talking like an old lady."

I am/was part of a paranormal investigation team called PPIT Pacific Paranormal Investigation Team. We investigated a home that was located across the street from a cemetery. So cliche right? So the 50 minutes of the investigation no creepy feelings, no orb photography, no evps no jumps on the emf meters. Nadda. Suddenly I had a gut feeling I should go into the computer room. Now first rule when going into a computer room is the room will most likely make the emf meter jump as it is full of electromagnetic energy. This energy is usually based around computers, phones, radios outlets, electronic devices etc. Me and a pal of mind decided to check it out. We hung around in there asking whatever maybe in the house to come forward. I scanned the room with my emf meter and found that the middle of the room there of course were no readings whatsoever. I decided to leave my emf meter there, untouched. We were about to pack up when my pal said, "Something is here." My spidey senses were tingling. For about 15 minutes we communicated through a series of yes and no questions in which the spirit manipulated the emf meter to give responses. That emf meter jumped every time we asked a question. My pal and I did not talk of that experience until about a year ago. We both are still flabbergasted and bewildered at what happened that night and we have not brought it up since.

Pre-kids, the hubs and I lived in a one bedroom apartment in Burnaby, we loved that apartment. We had some funny things happen here and there but I chalked it up to me just letting my imagination getting the better of me. Sometimes I would find my wardrobe door open. I ALWAYS close it. It can close by itself but it cannot open by  itself. Also, the lamp in the living room would flicker at approximately the same time each night for about 20 minutes. I also would get the most amazing orb photography in that apartment. Not just dust particles but big bright deliberate orbs. We moved when Thing 1 was almost 1 years old into a townhouse. Such a wonderful move for us and we loved the place just as much as the old place. About 3 months after living there I was house cleaning one Friday night after Thing 1 had gone down to sleep. (Prior to Thing 2) I had not watched any ghosty shows, I had not talked about it with anyone, my mind was on cleaning and my to do list and nothing else. I had just cleaned 2 bathrooms and going downstairs to work on the third when I saw a man coming up the stairs. I naturally freaked out and yelled out to the HUBS. He came a running when I told him I think there was someone downstairs. Just as I said that I had realized the man was gone in a flash. It was weird and surreal. The poor hubs freaked out when downstairs like a madman. I just looked at the hubs and said, It was a ghost. I can still see this spirit's face to this day.

I have many more to come!

Thing 2 bail count 3, no fig bars to account for, 2 bananas eaten by Thing 2 and overall a busy awesome day.
HUGS and shit

The momma


No comments:

Post a Comment