Tuesday 15 April 2014

Lord of the Things - The Trilogy



Woke up at 8:00 AM. I woke up on my own. No Things to be heard. Unnerving. Thing 1 of course already down stairs. Enjoying a cup of coffee and reading the paper. Well, not yet but that will be the scene before I know it. Thing 2 tells me to go back upstairs. I know something is up. I go into the kitchen. Nothing. Hmmm... Time will tell. Ask thing 1 if he had a good sleep, I get an audible grunt. classic. I hear thing 2 starting to babble. I head upstairs. Thing 2 is completely naked. Wondering if duct tape would work. Thing 2 jumps around in crib. I wish I could do the same. Get things dressed. Thing 3 comes over for babysitting. All the Things are excited. Just put breakfast out. Ask Thing 3 if he wants any. He says, I just ate breakfast, but I could be hungry still with the cutest look on his face. We all sit. I have hot tea, eggs, toast, Things have yogurt, apples, toast. I am just about to bite into my eggs. Things want things. sigh. I tell things this momma needs to eat and sit uninterrupted for ten minutes. No tv, no more food no whining. Things are in agreement, 10 minutes seems doable. Enjoy breaky, drank HOT tea and last bite of food when the Things verbally jump all over me. They want milk, they want Polar Fucking Express, they want juice they want things and stuff and games and activities and the world at their disposal. Bless them. Tell things we are off to play in the garage! Everyone has fun in my garage. Bubbles! Sidewalk chalk! buckets! Trucks! Cones! Balls! Bats! Flags! Bikes! Thing 1 insists it is summer and we need to put on the sprinkler. NO. Thing 2 finds sidewalk chalk and colours the side of my car. My car is 1/2 purple. awesome. Thing 1 and Thing 3 whip balls at me. Eye hand coordination practice. Things kick balls at each other. Hilarious. Things 1 and 3 kick balls at Thing 2, keeps hitting Thing 2's hand and knocking the sidewalk chalk out of it. Thing 2 is so happy he high fives everyone multiple times. Frickin cute. Awesome mom of Thing 3 shows up. Successful morning. Thomas episode, not so cute. Lunch. Smoothies and grilled cheese. Nailed it. Thing 1 throws ball up into the air hard. Ball hits ceiling and comes down and hits Thing 1 on the head. New game. Time for Thing 1 playschool. Get to the parking lot. Thing 1 refuses to come out of car. This again. Thing 1 has shut down and refuses to talk, classic. Empathize with Thing 1 and take him home. Time for Thing 2's nap. No nap day. Kids 2 momma 0. I got nothing I needed to get done today. whatevs. That is what Wednesdays are for. I hope. Pick up dad from work. Got there early went to his cubicle. Kids loved it. Went to the resting room to wait for him. Had the quietest pillow fight ever. Impossible feat managed. No crying, so happy. 25 minutes of mini vacay in my mind. Tutoring awesome kid. Awesome kid's mom is late for pick up. classic. waited out side with awesome kid. whipped cherry blossom buds at each other. professional. One landed in his mouth. laughed a lot. Went to a meeting. Came home. Work from 9PM to 11:30PM. Tired. today...nailed it. so happy. #nofigbarstocount Thing 2 bail count 7 #caulifloweristhenewquiona #onblogscountright HUGS to the world! oh ps- Thing 1 found the honey, that is what he was up to in the morning. My little Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment